Diabetic Friendly Gift Box
Being diabetic does not necessarily mean that you have to miss out on tasty Italian food. Many of our products are suitable for a diabetic diet in that they are low in sugar (our pasta sauces) and low in carbohydrates (our organic piadina bread and our Burano biscuits). This gift box is packed with tasty ingredients which make it easy to create some really healthy meals! Please note that we will donate 5% of the price of this hamper to JDRF, the charity which supports children with Type 1 Diabetes.
The contents of this hamper are presented in a lovely strong gift box tied with a ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout.
Sorry this product is currently out of stock
- Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil (314g). Our tomatoes have been dried in the Mediterranean sun and have an intense, sweet flavour. They are wonderful straight from the jar or alongside some mozzarella as part of a colourful antipasti spread.
- Sicilian Cracked Green Olives in Olive Oil (314ml) These lightly spiced Sicilian crushed olives have a bold, firm flavour and are ideal served as part of an aperitivo, as a snack alongside other antipasti or as a delicious side dish with grilled or roasted meats.
- Organic Wholewheat Penne Rigate Pasta (500g) Wholegrains are a smart choice, not just for people with diabetes, but for the whole family. If you do have diabetes, wholegrain foods are usually better for managing blood glucose levels because they tend to have a lower glycaemic index (GI). This means they do not affect blood glucose levels as quickly as refined carbohydrate foods. Organic whole wheat pasta, bronze die cut, dried at low temperatures and made in Gragnano the birthplace of dry pasta, our Pasta Gragnanese Penne Rigate not only taste better and retain all of their goodness when cooked, they also have plenty of surface area to absorb the flavour and liquid of the sauce with which it they are served.
- Organic Wholewheat Spaghetti Pasta (500g)
- Tomato Sauce with Basil (330g) This tomato sauce is combined with fresh basil to give a delicious Mediterranean flavour. Made with all natural ingredients, San Marzano tomato and no added sugar, this is a healthy and tasty addition to any pasta dish!
- Organic Tomato Sauce with Vegetables (330g) This organic tomato pasta sauce is made in Puglia with the finest organic ingredients. Tasty and healthy is a perfect salsa for wholewheat penne!
- Wholegrain Black Venus Rice (500g) This medium whole grain, aromatic, black rice is a delicate alternative to white rice. It has a mild nutty flavour and is ideal for preparing risottos (with cheese, fish and shell fish) as well as rice salads and side dishes. It also has a low Glycemic Index meaning that it will make blood sugars rise more slowly than normal rice.
- Organic Borlotti Beans (300g) The hearty and nutritious Borlotti bean is widely used in Italian cooking. The beans are large and plump and when raw, ivory in colour with reddish-brown streaks. They take on a darker colour when cooked and the interior becomes floury. Borlotti beans are free from cholesterol and particularly rich in protein. They are perfect in soups, stews, pasta dishes and risottos.
- Organic Cannellini Beans (300g) Cannellini beans are a staple of central and southern Italian cooking and are particularly popular in Tuscany. When cooked they become creamy and fluffy and are perfect in pasta dishes (pasta e fagioli), soups (minestrone), purées, broths, salads and dips. This type of bean is an excellent inexpensive source of protein which is also high in fibre, low in fat and free from cholesterol.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Allergens: Wheat, milk, eggs, butter, hazelnuts
Brand:Vorrei Italian HampersVorrei offers natural Italian food & wine which has not been industrially produced, combining traditional specialities and exciting new products which are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Choose from our range of Italian gift hampers, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and recyclable. ...
The prices displayed on our website already include FREE standard courier delivery (2-3 days) to a UK mainland address from Monday to Friday.
Please note that hampers with fresh ingredients such as cheese and meat which are not dispatched on a Friday.
Next day courier delivery to UK Mainland is £5.50. The cut off time for placing orders for next day delivery is 1pm Monday to Thursday.
Orders placed on a Friday before the cut off time will be delivered on Monday (if Saturday delivery is not selected). This excludes hampers with fresh ingredients such as cheese and meat which are not dispatched on a Friday (unless Saturday delivery has been selected).
Saturday delivery is £14.50 and should be selected if you need the hamper to be delivered at the weekend.
For non-UK mainland addresses please see the delivery charges below, you will need to select the appropriate area when you check out:
Scottish Highlands & Islands £12.50
Channel Isles – £12.50
Northern Ireland – £12.50
Let us inspire you
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.