La Vegetariana (Vegetarian Hamper)
Our best-selling vegetarian hamper is a sturdy wooden crate packed full of tempting specialities, perfect for an Italian food loving veggie friend or relative. It is not difficult to find tasty food in Italy which is vegetarian – the Mediterranean diet is so rich in vegetables prepared in a myriad of tempting ways, many pasta dishes, risottos and pizzas do not contain meat or fish and when everything is cooked from scratch there are no hidden nasties to improve the flavour – they are simply not needed!
All items are individually wrapped and presented in our wooden crate. The crate is wrapped with cellophane and tied with a lovely big ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout.
Sorry this product is currently out of stock
- Balsamic Vinegar from Modena ‘Il Classico’ (250ml). A rich bouquet and a perfect balance between sweet and sour make this twice award winning balsamic a very versatile vinegar, made from the best musts and aged for eight years in the barrels of Giusti’s famous cask deposit.
- Organic Ligurian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml).This excellent unfiltered cold pressed organic extra virgin olive oil is made from olives cultivated in this beautiful area of the Italian Riviera, Imperia, known as the olive oil capital of Italy. It comes exclusively from the small, fragrant olives of the “Taggiasca” variety which give a low acidity, golden yellow oil with a delicate flavour. Olives have been cultivated here since 1100 and a combination of the climate, soil and water ensures their unique taste. It can be used either as salad dressing, drizzled on a bruschetta, as a finishing touch for starters and soups or to cook delicious recipes of fish, meat and pasta.
- Artichoke Leaf Pasta (500g). Shaped like an artichoke leaf and flavoured and naturally coloured with artichoke puree’, this pasta is almost too pretty to eat! It is quite a delicate pasta shape and works well with light and simple meatless sauces such as extra virgin olive oil with sage.
- Fettuccine Bronze Die Cut Pasta (500g). Our fettuccine come from Gragnano near Naples, the home of pasta! Bronze die cut pasta retains its shape when cooked, has a great flavour and texture meaning that the sauce will stick well to it allowing you to recreate an authentic Italian pasta dish at home.
- Courgette & Saffron Risotto Mix (250g). Made with superfine Carnaroli rice and a blend of spices, this is a tasty and easy to prepare meal. Just add some olive oil and follow the simple instructions.
- Tomato sauce with Truffle (180g). Made with black summer truffle and best quality natural ingredients, this sauce will give a luxurious finish to any pasta dish. It goes well with our Fettuccine pasta also included in this hamper.
- Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce (314ml). This is a rich and tasty pasta tomato pasta sauce combined with delicious fresh basil.
- Organic Pesto (180g). We love this vegan pesto from Liguria, it tastes heavenly but contains no cheese or garlic.
- Garlic and Chilli Pepper Oil (175ml). The perfect oil for adding to spaghetti to make garlic, oil and chilli pasta. We love it too in salad dressings and on a bruschetta.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil (314ml). Our tomatoes are dried in the Sicilian sun and are naturally red from ripening. They have a beautifully intense taste and can be cooked or eaten fresh from the jar. These sun dried tomatoes can be used in so many different ways, chop them finely to make an amazing pasta sauce, with or without tomato passata, blend them with basil, parmesan and pine nuts to make a red pesto, top your pizzas with them, add them to salads, couscous, savoury rice dishes.
- Chilli Pepper Jam (180g). A savoury jam with a bite, this spread is made from hot and spicy Calabrian chillies and is a great accompaniment to cheese or simply spread on bread if you dare!
- Fig Mostarda (120g). This fruit mustard is made in Mantova, Northern Italy with fresh figs and a few drops of mustard oil to give a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It goes really well as an accompaniment to mature and strong cheeses.
- Dairy free Modican chocolate with almonds (100g). Made in Modica, Sicily following an ancient Aztec recipe, this unique, crumbly chocolate bar is a must for chocolate lovers!
- Chocolate Tortellini Gift Box (96g) The chocolate Tortellino is a delightful tribute to Bologna’s best known dish! Bite into delicious outside shell and discover a sweet, creamy ganache filling. Our Majani Tortellino Tower Gift Box contains a mixture of 12 white, milk and dark chocolate tortellini and makes a great gift for chocolate lovers!
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Allergens: Contains sulphites, wheat, celery, saffron, pine nuts, cashew nuts, milk, whey, soybeans, sesame, eggs, gluten.
Brand:Vorrei Italian HampersVorrei offers natural Italian food & wine which has not been industrially produced, combining traditional specialities and exciting new products which are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Choose from our range of Italian gift hampers, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and recyclable. ...
The prices displayed on our website already include FREE standard courier delivery (2-3 days) to a UK mainland address from Monday to Friday.
Please note that hampers with fresh ingredients such as cheese and meat which are not dispatched on a Friday.
Next day courier delivery to UK Mainland is £5.50. The cut off time for placing orders for next day delivery is 1pm Monday to Thursday.
Orders placed on a Friday before the cut off time will be delivered on Monday (if Saturday delivery is not selected). This excludes hampers with fresh ingredients such as cheese and meat which are not dispatched on a Friday (unless Saturday delivery has been selected).
Saturday delivery is £14.50 and should be selected if you need the hamper to be delivered at the weekend.
For non-UK mainland addresses please see the delivery charges below, you will need to select the appropriate area when you check out:
Scottish Highlands & Islands £12.50
Channel Isles – £12.50
Northern Ireland – £12.50
Let us inspire you
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.