The Bean Chair | Sunset & Oyster
Make a statement in your home with our Sunset & Oyster Bean Chair.
It has all the comfort and movability of a bean bag and all the style and quality of a feature chair making it the perfect hybrid for your home.
You won’t want to get up once you relax in our eco-friendly Bean Chair designed with comfort in mind.
This vibrant Sunset & Oyster Bean Chair is more than just a bean bag, its comfortable chair like structure will also look stylish in any interior. Our Bean Chairs are generously filled with our compostable filling, so you can sit back and rest easy knowing that you are doing your bit for the environment. Our beautiful two-tone design features structured panels creating a deep base, indented seat and curved back so you can feel snug and your lower back feels supported when seated. The outer seams are all top stitched for a durable hardwearing finish. Its piped edge and contrast topstitching add a more finished tailored look.
You know when buying one of our Bean Chairs we have taken every step to ensure it is as eco-friendly as possible. All fabrics are a tight cotton weave to create a cosy cover that feels quality and is kind to the skin. The Bean Chairs are sewn together using thread from recycled plastic bottles. Although hardwearing and robust our products are light enough to be easily moved from room to room to suit any occasion. Your Bean Chair will arrive generously filled so all you have to do is remove from the box and take a seat and relax.
We are proud to say our products are all designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom.
Fabrics | Fillings | Features | Dimensions | Capacity
Fabrics and fillings
- Biopolymer filling that looks and acts like a polystyrene bead but is compostable
- 100% cotton cover
- 100% calico barrier interlining that has been tested to the latest fire safety standards
- Two safety lock zips prevents child’s access to filling but allows you to remove cover for cleaning
- Outer bag 100% natural meaning no nasty chemicals against the skin
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured top stitch for decoration
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- All thread used is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Fire retardant interlining tested to the latest standard
- Light weight and easy to move
- Durable and hard wearing
- Outer cover is 100% removable
90cm high x 85cm diameter
We make sure all our bean bag products are generously filled with our biopolymer filling for ultimate comfort and a sturdy structure.
Care | Cleaning
For any light stains on the outer cover, you can spot clean with a damp cloth and leave to dry. More stubborn stains will require you to remove the outer cover. Because our products are made from natural fabrics you must dry clean only.
- We advise to keep fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid natural bleaching of colours
- Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your bean bag product and lightly shake so filling and fabrics return to there original shape
- As our outer cover is made from 100% cotton some bobbling will occur due to the natural fibres, this is normal. Use a lint remover over the worst areas to remove the fluff. This will cause no harm to the product but will have it looking as good as new.
- As we use top quality weaved fabrics any loose threads should be cut and not pulled as this will damage the product
Brand:The Big Beanbag Company
Our luxury, environmentally friendly bean bags have been hand made in Cornwall, UK, ever since starting in 2016. Like many people, we were fed up with all the single use plastic being used, that ends up in landfill and our amazing ...
Delivery & Returns
Box dimensions –
Large – Chairs, Bags, 180 litres + refills (60cm x 60cm x 70cm)
Medium – Stools, 120 litres refill (62cm x 47cm x 48cm)
Small – Cushion, 60 litre refills (62cm x 47cm x 25cm)
We have kept our packaging simple. We don’t see the need to fill our boxes with nasty plastics or unnecessary paper. You will receive your product in just the box its posted in. All we ask of you is to recycle the box and sit back and enjoy your new beanbag.
We normally dispatch orders within 5-7 business days, however because of the hand made nature of our products in some instances it can take longer. You will receive a confirmation email when the product is dispatched, and you should receive it the next working day via DPD.